Netflix?

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I know it's very easy to get whatever show and film you like from the 'net, but sometimes it can be a little too much work. I like to watch stuff when the mood grabs me, whether it be a SciFi or some kind of thriller. Also, I don't like to feel I've got to watch the 50 zillion episodes download of a show I just got before I start watching something else. Like I say, as the mood grabs me, spontaneous.

There are loads of online TV sites, but the video quality is never anything spectacular - so I was going to give Netflix a shot and was wondering if any here are signed up to it, or know what others they know, know? If you know what I mean... :wacko:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I s'pose it was verbose...

Is Netflix good or bad?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Pretty sure they still run a 30 day trial, can you not do the trial with netflix and the other netTV people (can't remember the name) and see which is better for you?
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Yer I like the idea of netflix but too pricey for me as i'm never in to use it. Can you only use it on one pc at a time or can two people watch two different films on two different pcs at the same time?
Get the trial going Claw and give me feedback damn you!! :D

Class--
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I signed up for their free trial and got £12 cashback for doing so.

Cancelled after the first month.
£6 a month was a bit steep, compared to otherrs like Lovefilm (£4?).

Was good for keeping the kids entertained but I couldn't find much in the way of new films. Good selection of TV shows, though again more golden oldie stuff, which isn't necessarily bad.

Played through the Wii no problem, and easily carried the account across the PC and laptop.
You do need a decent connection. Anything less than a solid 2Mb and it struggled, although it doesn't need 2 Mb.

Definitely worth signing up for the free month and hammer it as much as you can.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Our lass signed us up to lovefilm, had it a while, only used it a handful of times, that speaks for itself lol