Must See/avoid Films

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Equilibrium, starring Christian Bale. I don't think he's made a bad film yet.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah I liked that too, the end seemed a bit rushed though imho..
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Claw wrote: Equilibrium, starring Christian Bale. I don't think he's made a bad film yet.
Can't quite remember it :( but I do remember enjoying the 9:50 to Yuma. I know that's not what it was called but it should have been just for cowboy time :D
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Wow I am completely in there with Christian Bale as I just watched The Fighter last night. I couldn't believe how well he played the part. I have so many smack heads in this area and he would have fitted right in. Very enjoyable film for me :)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Watched "The Myth" last night, and expected it to be more of his slap-stick antics. But, it surprised me. There was an interesting story behind it for a change, the action was Jackie Chan action, etc... what surprised me was the ending, as much as it puzzled me at first, I think there is a Chinese social/cultural message in there somewhere.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Watched Fearless with Jet Li. Is a goodun. The mother in law enjoyed it too with the subtitles, she is 76.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Kaboom.

Was on Film 4 the other night...
One to miss....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Enthiran is a Bollywood film about a Robot that becomes independent and then goes on the warpath. Normally I avoid Bollywood films, only because I don't like the typical format of them, but this kept my attention. The acting was predictable and bordered on cheesy, and the script as demonstrated by the subtitles made you choose to ignore them and make up your own lines as the film progressed. (have you ever done that with others? Watched a stupid film, but so as not to completely waste the time you had set aside muted it, and then made up your own script ad hoc? It can completely transform a film and you have a great laugh)

The only reason to watch this film is for the brilliant special affects and stunts. But to get through it all the way, you have got to invite some friends around and make up your own dialogue. :D
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Just been to see the Avengers Assemble.

All the anoraks will pull it to pieces, but I thought it was great.

Favourite bit is when Hulk and Thor have just bought down on of the bigger aliens crashing through Grand Central....
Rarely laugh out loud, but that brought forth a guffaw....
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Going to see it tonight, should be good but we'll see, everyone seems to love it that I know's seen it..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: Just been to see the Avengers Assemble.
:lol:

I thought that was some sort of a remake of the 60's TV program. :D

Glad I didn't blurt anything out like that... erm... :blush: