Must See/avoid Films

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Phew, that was a close call. A friend recommended I watch a film called Clonehunter. He said it was a low budget film, but the plot and acting was great. Could I find this film anywhere? Nope. There were one or two trailers for the film out there, but I never ever watch trailers, they just kill the whole of the story for me.

This is one film were you must watch the trailer before watching the film, trust me. Don't waste any of the time I wasted trying to find this, 'film'.

We did watch "In Time" recently, and it is extremely good... even though it has Justin Timberlake, he does very well in it, very good in fact. A brilliant story.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

This the one?

<a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630529/" target="_blank">IMDB Link</a>

Can't find a trailer on youtube easily.

Must be good.... :boff:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Avoid "My Little Eye" at all costs.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: This the one?

<a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630529/" target="_blank">IMDB Link</a>

Can't find a trailer on youtube easily.

Must be good.... :boff:
Hmm... now I'm confused... because the Clonehunter trailer I saw didn't have any of them in it... and it didn't look anything like the trailer on IMDB... (which I never realized had trailers) :unsure:

This is the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faAWhpsCeVU" target="_blank">Clonehunter</a> trailer I watched... :ph34r:

This might turn out to be a very embarrassing thread... :blink:
Last edited by Claw on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Claw wrote: Hmm... now I'm confused... because the Clonehunter trailer I saw didn't have any of them in it... and it didn't look anything like the trailer on IMDB... (which I never realized had trailers) :unsure:

This is the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faAWhpsCeVU" target="_blank">Clonehunter</a> trailer I watched... :ph34r:

This might turn out to be a very embarrassing thread... :blink:
That One is a Hoax It is filmed by themselves and not the real film :fish:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I thought Black Rain was one of the worst films I have seen. So bad that I left and went for a pint.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

"My Little Eye" was slow motion torture, played in slow motion.

As for "Black Rain", Michael Douglas doesn't really do a good job of action films. It's always like watching him do all the same stuff he did in over and over again in, "The Streets of San Francisco", but he was good in "Falling Down".

My favorite all round actor has got to be Sidney Poitier, he's never made a bad film. He always plays the character very believably in the story, which is completely different to the likes of Pacino and De Niro - who limit a film by their limited range. Poitier could do any kind of film, and it would be exceptional.
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Claw wrote: Sidney Poitier, ...
exceptional.
Who?
Had to googl... I mean Startpage him :D think hes never really made an impression on me. Maybe thats cos hes so good at his job im not left thinking "gah he's sh!t" :)
trying to think of bad films but I cant at the moment. I did enjoy The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and thought Rooney Mara playing the messed up girl Lisbeth was very good.
Keep listing good films guys I'll need to ctach up some time :)

Class--
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Tintin is an excellent film. The story is good, but the animation is brilliant. Normally I avoid animations but I hope this is one of many. If any thought that Beowulf was good, as an animation, then Tintin achieves everything I thought an animation never would accomplish.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I watched tintin. I thought the animation was beautifully done with a style to it but the movie was just boring and predictable. It was a dissapointment to me.

My best animated movies are:

The Iron Giant
The Lion King
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
How to Train your Dragon
The Incredibles
WallE

I must have missed a few but cant think of any more.
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Nellyboy wrote: I watched tintin. I thought the animation was beautifully done with a style to it but the movie was just boring and predictable. It was a dissapointment to me.

My best animated movies are:

The Iron Giant
The Lion King
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
How to Train your Dragon
The Incredibles
WallE

I must have missed a few but cant think of any more.
WHAT!!!!????
Where the heck is
ICE AGE in all that? :D
I love the Ice Age films as well as Monsters Inc and Shrek the original :)

Ive not seen a few of them ones Nelly I think I may have to look into that :)
As for Tintin Claw that is a film on my "I need to see that" list :)

Name the film boys.... "You! Check for poo" :D

Class--
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

Drive is good
and also just seen the immortals
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Ahhhh, okay, I'll throw Shrek (original)onto my pile of goodies, and maybe Cars. (not seen Cars 2 yet)

Terminator Salvation is the best of the entire Terminator series, that is a must see if you like Scifi and haven't seen it already, or have been put off by previous Terminator films.
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

rocky horror picture show :)
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Class-- wrote:

Name the film boys.... "You! Check for poo" :D

Class--
Was gonna say Madagascar but I think that goes "If you have any poo, fling it now"