Cold Calls

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Hi Folks,
Anyone esle getting calls from 0161 numbers and then hanging up wanting YOU to phone THEM back? I believe it has come from me using compare websites for car insurance but I cant be certain. I have just saved them 0161 4953895 & 0161 2494490 and assigned no ringtone to them so they dont interfere with what i'm doing :)
Searching on the net shows they are quite aggresive in there calling technics.

Class--
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah seems like its insurance companies a lot of the time..
I get the odd few, texts as well, wankers lol
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hmm... I've had a few anonymous calls lately, but no return number.

Not had any calls from any Indian peeps named Albert that want to save my PC from those malevolent little yellow triangles that appear on event viewer log, which they say are indications of a very bad virus. :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I'm still waiting for one of those too...
want to complain to him about the coffee cup holder
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Rofl I forgot about the old coffee cup holder :D
I have been getting an Indian call centre alot at work trying to sell me electricity. I kept tellin them to pee off then finally I phoned E.On who they said they were phoning for and E.On basically laughed. Told me it was absoluetly nothing to do with them and that when they called next I should ask for their name and extension number and that I would phone them back. So as expected they did call back and I did as I was told only for the Indian guy to say... "erm erm sure the extension number is 1897 3456 734 and my name is Johnny Walker. You can also ask for Jim Beam and" well I cant remember the last name he gave me but it was basically fuc k Off said in a name like Bart Simpson does to Mo :)
Ahh the fun and games eh :)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

I've been meaning to but never got round to making my own audio file. Basically it was the idea of an mp3 playing Slipknot with my voice over saying "Your call is important to us, please hold and we will attempt to get to you as soon as possible".
So when somebody phones up I can say can you hang a minute and play the mp3 through my speakers while i put the phone next to it.

I wonder how long they will stay on the line for? :2t: