Gun Crimes

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The amount of gun crime at the moment is phenomenal. The amount of nutters they have licensed weapons to is ridiculous! The guy who recently shot a number of 'friends' at a party was licensed for several shotgun licenses... why?

I used to think that Rap music was the worst cultural adoption the UK had... :(
Last edited by Claw on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

There is no way of legislating against nutters. Unless you and the Sun newspaper have come up with a way of predicting such behaviour.

This wiki page gives some interesting numbers: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... icide_rate" target="_blank">Wiki: List of countries by intentional homicide rate</a>

combined with this page: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics" target="_blank">Wiki: Gun Politics</a>

This shows the very low level of intentional homicides in the UK, nearing the levels of Sweden which is a country with high gun ownership and much lower than certain other high gun ownership countries at the same time as some low gun ownership countries.

In the UK it is actually knife crime that is particularly prevelent but most media outlets aren't interested as it's not a sensationalist incident.

Other factors such as social and media pressure are thought to play far larger roles in gun crime and it has actually been seen that since the ban on handguns, handgun crime has actually increased in the UK.

One of the largest problems that the UK has is over population and lack of space. As our population increases we'll see more crime in general and I wouldn't be surprised if as our economy declines there is more crime. We're heading for becoming a much poorer country in the next 50 to 100 years and it will be interesting to see if we can cope with lower standards of living than we currently have.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Claw & The Sun or Myo & Wikipedia, which one is tellin' the truth... [Harry Hill Voice] there's only one way to find out... FIIIIGHT!! [/Harry Hill Voice] :D

Being realistic here, the macabre nature of the shootings we are hearing more and more of is touching deeper depths of depravity. Statistics cannot account for this, yet, at least.

In countries where the society is adjusted to gun culture, the criminal fraternity use guns offensively anticipating their use by the victim(s) defensively, and vice versa.

In the UK here guns are just not part of our way of life. Their approved use is very restricted. When we do hear about gun crime in the UK, it predominantly involves people who at least are known to each other or are directly related.

Must agree with you on knife crime. To have such a high ratio, there has got to be something seriously wrong with the mentality of the British. :unsure:
Last edited by Claw on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Myocardial Infarction wrote: There is no way of legislating against nutters.
Summed it up nicely.
Chances are and this is a completely personal opinion of my own is the guy from Horden was pushed and pushed and pushed (supported by news reports) and then thought i'll cap that moaning wife, then once he'd done the first it was just a case of wasting the other two. Wow my mother would be so proud if she read that :lol: . Therefore i'll go back to what I quote of Myo, "There is no way of legislating against nutters.".... knife gun fists tyre iron scaff bar cutlery whatever someone was going to get hurt that night regardless.
This is of course all IMHO :rolleyes:

@Claw, where do you sit with people who think family members are witches and need murdering?