F1 Broadcsting On Sky Sports

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

Just read on the BBC website as from 2012 Sky Sports will hold the rights to show all F1 races while BBC only have the rights to show some of the races. How bad is that.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

They shouldn't be able to monopolise like that. Considering how much people pay for TV licensing now, they deserve better.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Indeed, Sky sucks as well, weather gets shit and it drops signal...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The coverage has never been better since the BBC started showing F1 again in 2009 in my opinion. I wonder if Sky are going to start putting adverts in during the race?

I love F1 and try to watch every race live if possible and if I don't have Sky Sports in 2012 I won't be able to do that.

Sky are sneaky as well. A friend at work likes to watch the Super League Rugby so he got the basic Sky Sports Package to watch it. Sky now broadcast it on different sports channels so if you don't subscribe to all of the sports channels you will miss some games.

I have the full Sky HD package but I don't want adverts through my race and crap commentators. I feel this is a loss for the BBC, even though I could watch the race live via my PC on the BBC website. This option is only for UK users.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"The sport has never been more popular with TV audiences at a 10-year high and the BBC has always stated its commitment to the big national sporting moments.

"With this new deal not only have we delivered significant savings but we have also ensured that through our live and extended highlights coverage all the action continues to be available to licence-fee payers." <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Adverts, crap commentary and dodgy signals.

:(

I watched the last one in the internet, was streamed from some wierd spanish station. Couldn't understand a word they said mind...
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.