Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I was hoping she would sort herself out, that after her last flakey concert someone would bring her back to reality and pull her away from the leeches she had around her. As an artist she was amazing - she had a voice and musical ability that could blow away any female artist of her generation, here or abroad. She was original, and not overly managed... sad, very sad... :(
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Someone famous dies and everyone goes on about how sad it is, yet 92 die in Norway and nobody says owt?

She apparently died of a drug overdose, yet in Norway the ones that died had no choice in the matter, and now we'll get at least a week of stuff about her while real news is forgotten about...
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Trig wrote: Someone famous dies and everyone goes on about how sad it is, yet 92 die in Norway and nobody says owt?

She apparently died of a drug overdose, yet in Norway the ones that died had no choice in the matter, and now we'll get at least a week of stuff about her while real news is forgotten about...

Yeh but they aint english are they :)
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

i totally agree with trig there

she has diced with death all her career and its no suprise to me at all that she lasted this long
in my eyes she was over rated and over hyped another example is pete dohety and i can bet it wont be long till he od too

27 is very young to die but she had a choice in norway they didnt.
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

UK Media..... tossers !! But ultimately who's to blame ?? Those who watch or buys papers ? It's a sad truth that someone else's misery makes headline stuff...

All the news for the past few weeks has been about Murdoch and his frikin :jase: cronies... The soldiers dying and women raped and killed got relegated to the minor headlines...

Agree with you Trig... The girl was a walking pharmacy (so the 'media' say ) ..it's a sad day for those she leaves behind.. but there are hundreds in Norway....
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Well she is in good company
Picture↓ Name↓ Date of death↓ Official cause of death↓ Fame↓ Age↓
Brian Jones 1965.jpg Brian Jones July 3, 1969 Drowned in a swimming pool.[4] The coroner's report stated "death by misadventure."[5] Rolling Stones founder and guitarist/multi-instrumentalist. 27 years and 125 days
Jimi Hendrix thumbnail.jpg Jimi Hendrix September 18, 1970 Autopsy showed he asphyxiated on vomit after combining sleeping pills with wine.[6] Pioneering electric guitarist, singer and songwriter for The Jimi Hendrix Experience and Band of Gypsys. 27 years and 295 days
Janisjoplin.png Janis Joplin October 4, 1970 Probable heroin overdose.[7] Lead vocalist and songwriter for Big Brother and the Holding Company, The Kozmic Blues Band and Full Tilt Boogie Band. 27 years and 258 days
Jim Morrison 1970.jpg Jim Morrison July 3, 1971 Cause of death listed as "heart failure"; however, no autopsy was performed.[8] Lead singer, songwriter and video director for The Doors. 27 years and 207 days
Nirvana around 1992.jpg Kurt Cobain April 5, 1994 Ruled as suicide by shotgun.[9] Founding member, lead singer, guitarist and songwriter for Nirvana. 27 years and 44 days
Other musicians who died at 27

Some lists include other musicians who died at age 27.[10] Cobain and Hendrix biographer Charles R. Cross writes, "The number of musicians who died at 27 is truly remarkable by any standard. [Although] humans die regularly at all ages, there is a statistical spike for musicians who die at 27."[10]
Name↓ Date of death↓ Cause of death↓ Claim to notability↓
Louis Chauvin March 26, 1908 Neurosyphilitic sclerosis. Ragtime musician.
Robert Johnson August 16, 1938 Unknown, but typically credited to strychnine poisoning. Bluesman. Recorded very famous and influential set of 29 songs that influenced many famous musicians after him, considered the first of the 27 club.
Nat Jaffe August 5, 1945 Result of complications from high blood pressure. Blues musician.
Jesse Belvin February 6, 1960 Car crash. R&B singer and songwriter.
Rudy Lewis May 20, 1964 Drug overdose. Vocalist of The Drifters.
Malcolm Hale October 31, 1968 Carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty space heater. Original member of Spanky and Our Gang.
Dickie Pride March 26, 1969 Overdose of sleeping pills. British rock and roll singer.
Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson September 3, 1970 Barbiturate overdose, possible suicide. Leader, singer and primary composer of Canned Heat.
Arlester "Dyke" Christian March 13, 1971 Shot. Frontman and vocalist of Dyke & the Blazers.
Linda Jones March 14, 1972 Diabetic coma. R&B singer.
Les Harvey May 3, 1972 Electrocution by live microphone after touching it with his wet hands. Guitarist for Stone the Crows.
Ron "Pigpen" McKernan March 8, 1973 Gastrointestinal hemorrhage associated with alcoholism. Founding member, keyboardist and singer of the Grateful Dead.
Roger Lee Durham July 27, 1973 Fell off a horse and died from the injuries. Singer and percussionist of Bloodstone.
Wallace Yohn August 12, 1974 Died in a plane crash along with three other band members. Organ player of Chase.
Dave Alexander February 10, 1975 Pulmonary edema. Bassist for the Stooges.
Pete Ham April 24, 1975 Suicide by hanging. Keyboardist and guitarist, leader of Badfinger.
Gary Thain December 8, 1975 Drug overdose. Former bassist of Uriah Heep and The Keef Hartley Band.
Cecilia August 2, 1976 Car crash Spanish singer
Helmut Köllen May 3, 1977 Carbon monoxide poisoning. Bassist with 1970s German prog rock band Triumvirat.
Chris Bell December 27, 1978 Car crash: ran into a telephone pole. Singer-songwriter and guitarist of power pop band Big Star and solo.
Jacob Miller March 23, 1980 Car crash. Jamaican reggae artist and lead singer for Inner Circle.
D. Boon December 22, 1985 Lying down in the back of a van when it veered off road, he was ejected from the vehicle and broke his neck. Guitarist, lead singer of punk band the Minutemen.
Alexander Bashlachev February 17, 1988 Suicide by jumping. Russian poet, rock musician and songwriter.
Jean-Michel Basquiat August 12, 1988 Speedball overdose. Painter and graffiti artist; formed the band Gray.
Pete de Freitas June 14, 1989 Motorcycle wreck on his way back from filming a music video. Drummer for Echo & the Bunnymen.
Mia Zapata July 7, 1993 Murdered. Lead singer of the Gits.
Kristen Pfaff June 16, 1994 Officially ruled as an accidental heroin overdose. Bass guitarist for Hole and Janitor Joe.
Richey James Edwards c. February 1, 1995 Disappeared; officially presumed dead November 23, 2008. Lyricist and guitarist for Manic Street Preachers
Stretch November 30, 1995 Shot Rapper
Fat Pat February 3, 1998 Shot. Rapper and member of Screwed Up Click.
Freaky Tah March 28, 1999 Shot. Rapper and member of the hip hop group Lost Boyz.
Sean Patrick McCabe August 28, 2000 Asphyxiated on vomit after ingesting too much alcohol. Lead singer of Ink & Dagger.
Rodrigo Bueno June 24, 2000 Car accident Argentinian Cuarteto singer.
Maria Serrano Serrano November 24, 2001 Plane crash. Background singer for Passion Fruit.
Jeremy Michael Ward May 25, 2003 Heroin overdose. The Mars Volta and De Facto sound manipulator.
Bryan Ottoson April 19, 2005 Prescription drug overdose. Guitarist for American Head Charge.
Valentín Elizalde November 25, 2006 Murdered. Mexican banda singer.
Orish Grinstead c. April 20, 2008 Kidney failure. Founding member of '90s R&B group 702.
Lily Tembo September 14, 2009 Severe gastritis. Zambian musician.
Amy Winehouse July 23, 2011 To be determined.[11][12] British singer/songwriter.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Good riddance to a pointless waste of space
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

As an artist she was brilliant, as has already been said... so why haven't any of you opened a thread about Norway, Afghanistan, etc, then? :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Totally agree with Trig, all the Winehouse coverage is getting away from what should be the top news story, the tragedy in Norway.

Very sad for her family though.
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

we can all go on about other things in life but dont start talking about it as this link shows:

<a href="http://www.missionariesofafrica.org/cha ... ater1.html" target="_blank">http://www.missionariesofafrica.org/cha ... r1.html</a>

2500 die EVERY day but it rarely gets a mention

I like her music thats why I put up the post, people in norway mean nothing to me (sad but thats the truth)
Last edited by Mega on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Mega wrote: I like her music thats why I put up the post, people in norway mean nothing to me (sad but thats the truth)
I don't think the media have made a bigger thing out of Amy's death than they have those in Norway, yet.

I don't think the Norwegian tragedy would have been as publicised here if it wasn't first thought to have been connected to the war in Afghanistan. Anything thought to be connected to that is always treated prominently. Now that it has been shown to be unrelated to that war or such terrorism, it will drop off the British press radar quite quickly.

Norwegians are such an incredibly good natured people, this event (the shooting and bombing) will hurt their nation to the core. Nobody should feel apathetic when bad things happen to good people.

We shouldn't take the view that just because they are foreign we don't care, should we? What about Terry, Katy, Zetra, Slatz, and Bob?
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Claw wrote: We shouldn't take the view that just because they are foreign we don't care, should we? What about Terry, Katy, Zetra, Slatz, and Bob?

Dont get me wrong its sad about the Norwegians. I never said i didn't care. I said it does not matter to me!! as I don't Know anyone there.

Talking of the other clan members where did that come from. I know these people so of course I would care if something happened to them. The Norwegians are unknown to me thats all.

Unfortunately I cant make a post about every one that gets killed (Just the people I know or care about)
Last edited by Mega on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I don't care = ?

It doesn't matter to me = ?

It'ss up to you how you feel about these matters, I'm just curious about the justification for, and origins of, said feelings... :unsure:
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Leave it Claw. You know what John means.
Rasputin

ImageImage