Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

Gday all

id just thought id let u know that i start my new job on monday

im working at wellington airport as an MSO (maintenance service officer) :hb:

basically im going to be maintaining the airport and surround land that they own including shop and business and also the harbor wall? and also the weta workshops(where the hobbit is being fimed)
also overseeing contractors and ensuring health and safety is adhered to

its completely my bread and butter this job and i cant wait to get stuck in

all is going well here with the baby on the way not long to go now and winter is starting to set in over here(still doesnt feel right tho its june u know lol :angry: )

not missing uk at all :2t: (apart from pot noodle curry and walkers squares salt n vinegar flavour)

been here for over a year now and feel very settled

hope you are all well and i keep my eye out for any news

remember my house is open to any gsver who comes our way :D

see u soon

oldie :gsv:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Good news mate. With your looks I'm surprised you didn't get a part in The Hobbit! :P
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

cheeky :P
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Gollum ? :o

Glad to hear all's good Oldun... Hope the little one arrives safely and the job pans out bud....

... and keep the cold over there bud ;-)
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Nice one..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Jobs with diversity are always the best. Really happy things are working out for you there in that beautiful country.

Your voice is very memorable, if you catch sight of Mr. Jackson go and have a word with him. I've got a good idea which part he'll give you... and then you'll have yet another job... :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

hmmm which part would that be?

diversity is what i need in a job when i arrived here i secured a job in retail and ive done my dash with that

i just didnt like it(I enjoyed meeting people but couldnt be doing with arseholes wanting a discount for everything)

just checked on the weta website and they are working on the tin tin movie methinks that could me my opening lol

:)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Olderama wrote: hmmm which part would that be?

diversity is what i need in a job when i arrived here i secured a job in retail and ive done my dash with that

i just didnt like it(I enjoyed meeting people but couldnt be doing with arseholes wanting a discount for everything)

just checked on the weta website and they are working on the tin tin movie methinks that could me my opening lol

:)
Well, I'm sure with your voice you'd be perfect for one of the three Trolls. :)

Can't abide sales jobs, as Ginge3/Inoshishi/Legthigh will tell you, the company we used to work for meant too much interaction with Sales teams. Imagine zombies with less intelligence and that's a sales rep for you... :lol:

Tin Tin?! You gotta a quiff? Got a great idea for a part for you... if you don't like it, then how are your barks? :unsure:

I have a cousin over in NZ who I haven't seen since we left Australia via ship, and a friend who is an award winning pianist there. I have another friend who is now living in the UK who used to live on one of the Islands just off NZ. It's a small world innit? :D
Last edited by Claw on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Olderama wrote: hmmm which part would that be?

I'm with you on that! Funny I always find that I am more inclined to give a discount or credit to someone that is nice/chatty/understanding than someone that shouts and swears, How about you?

Great News that you got a new job and an interesting one at that! best of luck to you. :gsv:
Rasputin

ImageImage
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

yeah ras
i would always give polite and nice people a discount and the ones that bark at you telling you how much they have spent in the store over the years can go fork them selves :P

did my first day at the airport today and omg my brain is mush
basically did a whole tour or the place (just the outside)
met alot of pepole inc the CEO and all the fire crew and of course got to see there equipment
holy jees the fire tenders are beasts they have a 4.5 litre engine and a 3.5 litre engine for the pump :o and they are valued at a million bucks a piece
plus they have boats to

peter jackson is having his own personal hanger being built there for his jet plane

and also i got to see john key the nz pm

got shit load of courses to do and tbh really cant wait

a bit nervy of the airside driving lots of potential to go wrong and also need to be aware of planes ect

all in all a good day i get to look out onto the cook straights and see surfers and massive waves
im one lucky fooker :)

oldie
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Olderama wrote: of course got to see there equipment

Phhhhnnnnaaaarrrrrrr.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

You must have some serious security clearance for all of this Oldie. :blink:

S'pose you'll need to be careful what you write about the place, here, there, and just about everywhere... :unsure:
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Glad everythings going well for you mate, sounds like the best move you ever made :)
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Olderama wrote: plus they have boats to

Well of course its widely known how essential boats are on an airfield :eek:
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

lol eagle

heres why :2t: Image

Oldie