Petrol

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Claw, where did you get the info on running your car on VO, mate of mine rang me earlier wanting to know if he can do it to his car, Saab 95 diesel with the standard 2.5TD GM lump..
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

I used to make my own biodiesel from waste fast food outlets oil. Really cost effective. Only reason I stopped was lack of time.

Do a google on Graham Lamming method for best advice on UK biodiesel processors. Ignore all the potential chemical bombs on fleabay.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: Claw, where did you get the info on running your car on VO, mate of mine rang me earlier wanting to know if he can do it to his car, Saab 95 diesel with the standard 2.5TD GM lump..
There wasn't a lot of information about when we first tried it. <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetable_oil_fuel" target="_blank">Wikipedia</a> had some good info but has elaborated a lot on the subject now. At first we blended in a couple of litres to see what would happen, and it seemed to do well, so we added more. Since then we have given it a complete fill-up with SVO (Straight Vegetable Oil) and not had any issues. We still use diesel, or a high diesel mix, in cold weather periods as SVO can congeal in very low temperatures.

I can't recommend any particular car type, but in the several diesel engined cars we've had, there has never been an issue for us. We use a fuel cleaning additive every now and again just to make sure there isn't a carbon build up, etc.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Cheers for the info guys, will drop Ian an email with the above links on and let him have a play..