Food...

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The missus made me a New York Special, or something like that, recently... I was amazed that the combination of foods used could achieve such a wonderful flavour.

This New York Special is...

A fillet of Chicken, with two slices of bacon laid over it, then a nice coating of Mozzarella Cheese, and finally a nice drizzle of barbecue sauce on top. The cooking process is something I can't explain here as I am only any good at the eating process... Maybe I'll get her to write it down for me and then I'll do what I can to explain it.

Food is great. :th:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

I've just bought

<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Curry-Secret-In ... 279&sr=1-1" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Curry-Secret-In ... &sr=1-1</a>

It shows you how to make the curries you get from the takeaway.

One basic curry sauce that you add different spices to. So far it has been excellent.

All I've eaten is curry for the last week. :D
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

The wife Julie buys Lloyd Grossman curry sauces. Imo they are even better than a take away. You can virtually taste every fresh ingredient used.
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

Claw

That is known as few different things that i know off. Chicken New Yorker, Hunters chicken.
It really nice with chunky chips and peas.

Me and my girldfriend like our curries and had been looking around for receipes and we came across this website <a href="http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/" target="_blank">Curry House</a> There is a small purchase price but the size of the book is fantasic we just downloaded and printed out and put into a plasted folder.

It tells you all the different spices and cooking methods aswell as how to make sauces and meals.

We have used alot and as of yet it has not let us down at all and all have been tasty and much better then the rubbish you get in jars.

I will try and find the PDF that we downloaded and will share with everyone if i can find it.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I'm all about egg and bacon butties just lately when im at work and on the move. I've seriously got too knock it on the head a bit and revert to my 2nd favourite which is chicken tikka salad in a poppy seed bun. YUM YUM YUM........ mind you thats not that great for you :P
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Curries are still a big thing then? I like the occasional Rogan Josh where spicy food is concerned, or maybe a curry and chips from the chippy, but I really can't say when the last time that was.

A friend from Kyrgyzstan made an amazing dish call Blov. (Ã
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

I think your chicken recipe is about as simple as you said it Claw - bung some bacon on a bit of chicken and cook for a bit, then bung some cheese on top and cook some more, remove from oven and put a blob of sauce on it ;)

oh, and you tell it's done if it's brown.... "If it's brown it's cooked, if it's black it's .....d"
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Tumble wrote: I think your chicken recipe is about as simple as you said it Claw - bung some bacon on a bit of chicken and cook for a bit, then bung some cheese on top and cook some more, remove from oven and put a blob of sauce on it ;)
oh, and you tell it's done if it's brown.... "If it's brown it's cooked, if it's black it's .....d"
I'm sure the etiquette of a la cookin' (or whatever French people call it) does not involve any 'bunging'... :P
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I love a good curry. The biggest draw back with curry is once you've gone for poppadoms, bhajis, samamosa's, naan bread and then the actual curry with rice it gets quite pricey for take out !.

Beev if you find that pdf i'd be very interested please.

On a similar topic, the wifes been getting a baking magazine for the last few weeks through the post so we've had far too many cakes, upto issue 4 so far and shes wanting to try the lot....... its a hard life :P
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

Yea np andrew think the missus has it on her account will get of later.

My favourite Curry atm is shashlik with madrass sauce and pea pilao and tikka nan.

Huge curry fan these days.

The best thing iv had this year was at a christening from a jamican family and they did jerked chicken and rice and peas omg i have never tasted food so good.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Phant0m wrote: Yea np andrew think the missus has it on her account will get of later.

My favourite Curry atm is shashlik with madrass sauce and pea pilao and tikka nan.

Huge curry fan these days.

The best thing iv had this year was at a christening from a jamican family and they did jerked chicken and rice and peas omg i have never tasted food so good.
Yep, I've tried Chicken Jerky... when a friend first recommended it I told him to ask for it first as I wasn't sure if he was winding me up... but, yep, it really is called Chicken Jerky... and yep, another good way to dissolve your tongue. :o

(We need a spicy hot smiley!)
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

:blink:
Dangerous Bob wrote: Image
Woah Bob, is there anything you can't find? :blink:

Okay... next we need to know the GPS location of a Leperachaun's pot of gold... :drib:
Last edited by Claw on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

<a href="http://goo.gl/maps/gQji" target="_blank">Pot of Gold</a>

-34.42452, 150.89561
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: <a href="http://goo.gl/maps/gQji" target="_blank">Pot of Gold</a>
-34.42452, 150.89561
:blink:

Bob... this is gettin' kinda weird now... :ph34r:

That's just about 500 miles (which ain't a big distance in Australia) from where we had a big chunk of land... 12 acres in Morayfield, Buchanan Rd...

I'm stayin' quiet now... be creepy with someone else now please Mr. Bob, sir... :ph34r: