GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

wocka wocka.....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: wocka wocka.....
This guy sure knows how to carry a thread... :P
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Nothing like starting a war to divert news !
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Its neutron beams now ffs. Only detected when fission is in progress.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Greenpeace are there now 40km from Fukushima. Their radiation sensors went straight to 9999 and gave an emergency bleep. Time to nuke the entire site from orbit. (from Aliens of course)

The situation is so bad as to be a threat to us all.

They propose to bury it all in lead and boron. Not going to work. From what I have been reading this worked in Russia because they mined a solid concrete slab under the reactor to stop it from reaching the aquefer. This needs to be done in Japan too if anything is to work. The Russians used 500,000 people to stabilise Chernobyl. The Japanese will need that and many more to stand any chance of success.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3B-KjZ ... r_embedded" target="_blank">End of March summary from Nuclear engineer</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

There is also the prospect of upper atmospheric winds picking up the radioactive discharge, the Jet Stream. The UK is often the dumping ground for the Jet Stream - remember all the sand we got from the Sahara desert?

I wonder when ASDA, Sainsbury's, and Tesco will start selling Geiger Counters? There are some good prices for them on eBay... :(
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Do you both want the cyanide pills now? It's the end of the world, no point going on :lol:

The human race is not beyond being wiped off the face of the planet, whether through our own means or from a netual disaster, it's happened before and I'm pretty sure it will happen again and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere else in the universe there's another load of humanoid type creatures that are a little younger than us in the evolutionary stakes.

In reality the human race's only hope is to set up colonies away from Earth and this solar system, as, if we don't disperse our population base then we don't stand much chance. But I doubt that we're nearly technologically advanced enough yet to venture into space Star Trek stylee ;)

And in reality life is pretty meaningless anyway so why get so hyped up about it all hehe, go enjoy it before your toes up ;)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Myocardial Infarction wrote: Do you both want the cyanide pills now? It's the end of the world, no point going on :lol:

The human race is not beyond being wiped off the face of the planet, whether through our own means or from a netual disaster, it's happened before and I'm pretty sure it will happen again and I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere else in the universe there's another load of humanoid type creatures that are a little younger than us in the evolutionary stakes.

In reality the human race's only hope is to set up colonies away from Earth and this solar system, as, if we don't disperse our population base then we don't stand much chance. But I doubt that we're nearly technologically advanced enough yet to venture into space Star Trek stylee ;)

And in reality life is pretty meaningless anyway so why get so hyped up about it all hehe, go enjoy it before your toes up ;)
So, you want these things to happen to you then? Or, would you prefer they didn't happen?

Star Trek? You watch too much TV. There was a mental patient I knew who honestly believed superman was real, why? Because he saw it on TV. I'd love to see you two get together for a chat. :D

Even the International Space Station (ISS) has to stay in what they call a low earth orbit. It depends on the protection of the upper atmosphere, this is because of the intensity of radiation out there. Zooming around in 'space' is a lot worse than floating in the Pacific in a cardboard box.

Life is only meaningless when you're chasing rainbows. I love my family and friends. I've never seen a more beautiful colour blue than that found in my wife's eyes, my daughter has the same wonderful sense of humour as my wife - the banter between us has us laughing endlessly, my son is an awesome cook, and has a brilliantly logical mind in construction - his dyslexia hasn't defeated who he is as a man. We've made a deliberate effort to befriend as many cultures as physically possible. Life is great, life isn't just about existence, life is a quality, life is those great moments that give you those huge surges of happiness and satisfaction, life is those moments when disaster is defeated by resolve and togetherness. Turn off the TV and PC and start living Mr. Myo... :)
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Claw wrote: Life is only meaningless when you're chasing rainbows....Turn off the TV and PC and start living...

Wholeheartedly agree.

Wow thanks Claw....this cheered me up more than it ought to :)

I'm constantly astonished at the number of friends and colleagues that appear to live solely for the chance to win the lottery, as if that will solve their unhappiness. Some are even convinced that they will win. It saddens me especially when I see that they otherwise have much at which to rejoice. I often think that it's not what you DONT HAVE that decides your happiness, but what other people HAVE.

I find my happiest times are when with a group of friends or family, eating, drinking, chatting, gazing at the stars, playing games etc etc.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Claw wrote: So, you want these things to happen to you then? Or, would you prefer they didn't happen?

Star Trek? You watch too much TV. There was a mental patient I knew who honestly believed superman was real, why? Because he saw it on TV. I'd love to see you two get together for a chat. :D

Even the International Space Station (ISS) has to stay in what they call a low earth orbit. It depends on the protection of the upper atmosphere, this is because of the intensity of radiation out there. Zooming around in 'space' is a lot worse than floating in the Pacific in a cardboard box.

Life is only meaningless when you're chasing rainbows. I love my family and friends. I've never seen a more beautiful colour blue than that found in my wife's eyes, my daughter has the same wonderful sense of humour as my wife - the banter between us has us laughing endlessly, my son is an awesome cook, and has a brilliantly logical mind in construction - his dyslexia hasn't defeated who he is as a man. We've made a deliberate effort to befriend as many cultures as physically possible. Life is great, life isn't just about existence, life is a quality, life is those great moments that give you those huge surges of happiness and satisfaction, life is those moments when disaster is defeated by resolve and togetherness. Turn off the TV and PC and start living Mr. Myo... :)
Where did I say that I wanted these things to happen? Of course I'd prefer that other humans didn't have to suffer. But there's not a whole huge amount I can do about the situation now is there.

But between you and Nelly you'll get a bloomin stomach ulcer with all the worrying you both do over issues that you both really haven't got any control over. As I stated in my first post, stop worrying and just go out and enjoy what you have, I'll quote you back to yourself "Turn off the TV and PC and start living" or as per my post "go enjoy it before your toes up" we'll all be dead soon enough or maybe you'll have bought into the marketing hype and bought that geiger counter :lol:

I think you've grabbed totally the wrong end of the stick with a statement of life being meaningless. What is the point in life itself and I don't mean your singular existance, although if you think your that important that the meaning of life revolves around yourself, then you sure you shouldn't be talking to that mental patient yourself? Hehehe

Personally I've given up with reading about what is happening in Japan as although unpleasant, I'm not in a position to do alot about it; that may change but until then i'm just going to go on and enjoy what I've been given and explore changing the things that I have influence over that might be adversely affecting the people around me.

I also doubt that Japan will use 500k people to sort the problem out like the Russians. You have to put in context that the Russians are relatively poor people and live in a very different legal/civil situation where a human life is valued much lower than in Japan, especially at the time of Chernobyl. I wouldn't be surprised if the Jananese manage to use robots to do alot of work and create a new niche market for dangerous environment robotics, innovation from adversity.

In my opinion disasters like fucushima will continue to happen and we will eventually overcome each one, while learning new things while we do; adversity is when most new things are discovered/invented and we've made our greatest leaps forward. You could argue that we may have been making our greatest leaps backwards.

I used a sci-fi program as an annalogy, but in reality the Earth will become an inhospitable place for human life, either through our doing or natural cause. A solar flare could wipe us out in a heartbeat or our star could simple die and leave our system a cold waste ground (I'd love to watch the event as it happened as I'm sure it would be a fantastic spectacle and totally awe inspiring).

In regards to the person you knew who thought superman was real, maybe he is but hasn't come here yet, just because you think he's got mental health problem doesn't necessarly mean he's wrong although his sources might be a little flawed :lol:, who would have thought 100 years ago, that we'd be able to communicate with pretty much anyone, anywhere in the world in real time. Also as there is life here on Earth then it's probable that there may be life on other planets in our vast universe, we just might be one of many little experiements of nature/god what ever you want to believe. Just like species some of those might survive the test of time, others will be eradicated.
Last edited by Myocardial Infarction on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Myo, read <a href="index.php?s=&showtopic=3734&view=findpost&p=27647" target="_blank">your post again</a> sir...

Like many, I'm human. I have to capacity to do many things, including care. It's something that is often sadly lacking in the realms of the media, unless it earns them a buck or two. Perhaps I can analogise it this way... a friend was telling me about a huuuge 3D monster inch HD TV he'd seen in PC World... he said that when you're watching it's like being there, you can see so much detail in the blades of grass, leaves, the sky is so vibrant, and you're right there amidst the people you see... what else could be said other than... GO OUTSIDE!

Life is to be lived matey... and if some are not living the way we would all like to live, we care about that. The older I have become the less technology means to me. The way of the world is like this, they'll get together to try to design their interplanetary spaceships, and the day before they go they'll have a squabble about who's going to steer it... and guess who'll get left behind? Well, if the British don't want it to be them then they had better start wangling things now before it happens, but hey, that's how all the others start thinking too... so, before the project ever gets started, everyone's wangling, politicising, assassinating, voting, voting again, doing U-turns on some of the things they voted for, tweaking the other things they voted for... ah... but then others realise it hasn't been a fair vote at all. It seems that the project wasn't going to be big enough for everyone in the first place and we've all been duped... and the people of this big blue and green gem with its gentle white lace scarf all find something else to go to war for.

At the mo we have millions of obese people on one half of the world, and on the other half they're all starving... tell me, do they really have the know-how to start a new and fair society on another planet? They may have the technology, but they don't have the humanity. You watch, people will soon get the right to kill themselves using a legitimate process... that should solve the NHS budget. Some may even start thinking that Hitler was onto a good thing... it only took him 3 years to turn a fed-up country into his dictatorship with world domination as an ideal. You'll be amazed at how quickly a society's thinking can be twisted with the right manipulation. A Bosnian lady told me how her one-time sweet neighbours turned into monsters... she was amazed because the things they did she never thought to be part of their psyche.

Myo, turn off your TV, PC, and go outside... make a real life for yourself, stoke up the barbecue, get a few beers, get some Motown sounds in the air, hug the missus. Don't buy into the lie of slaving 7 days a week until you're 65, (or whenever!) finding out how much you have missed because you thought you were going to be rich, or how much you didn't do just to be rich. Decide your life and future for yourself and do it now. Do it all now, and then do it again tomorrow - when you feel good, you know how to make others feel good - this makes you feel even better. :)
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

I think chill pills all around...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Thane wrote: I think chill pills all around...
Oh... let's just agree to everything and anything for the sake of agreement and political correctness... ;)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Why be politically correct when you can just be correct :P
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote: Why be politically correct when you can just be correct :P

Why do anything when you can just sit here eating Rhubarb Crumble with Custard? (Home made of course.) ;)