Skyline

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Does anyone know if the film Skyline is a prequel to something? I watched this last night, and it seems to end without ending... and I'll understand if you don't know what I mean, because I'm not sure what I mean. :wacko:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I watched it a couple of weeks ago. All I can say is the advert for it was better than the actual film. A couple of good scenes in it but that is all.

Good movies I have watched lately.

The American - George Clooney.

The Town - Ben Affleck stars and directs.

How to Train your Dragon - kids animated but just great.
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Nellyboy wrote:
How to Train your Dragon - kids animated but just great.
This was Brill, even the 'I'm a teenager and I'm in a mood' grown up girls enjoyed it!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Legthigh wrote: This was Brill, even the 'I'm a teenager and I'm in a mood' grown up girls enjoyed it!
Well, for me to watch an animation it has to come very highly recommended... I'm notorious for falling asleep in films I lose interest in, and with that I snore horrendously, which then leads to a thump. So, I'm hoping this isn't gonna cost me a thump... :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

It is good.
Lots of originality.
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Watched Skyline to see what you meant. The film gave me the impression it was just a long advert for another film. Seemed to have little content, more like a series intro episode.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Thane wrote: Watched Skyline to see what you meant. The film gave me the impression it was just a long advert for another film. Seemed to have little content, more like a series intro episode.
:D

Y'know what? I've learned that the cartoon story board bit in the closing credits is supposed to be depicting the end of the film where he fights off the aliens with his new-found alien body! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

I saw the closing credits story board, they didn't give me much of any impression.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Thane wrote: I saw the closing credits story board, they didn't give me much of any impression.
It held so much promise though... the effects, the cast, the story... to end in the bowels of an alien and string of cartoon story boards seems like such a waste.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, maybe there is going to be a sequel. I do remember a guy saying about the ending of 'The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring', he said, "Bit of a rubbish ending"... :lol: