Pictures: Mount Merapi Erupts Again

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/20 ... gain/2534/" target="_blank">Spectacular and chilling</a> pictures of the eruption and ash fallout.
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Me thinks I would move away from there :(
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

That ash cloud is about 3 times bigger than the mountain itself. :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Them pictures are really are quite bad, mother nature certainly has some power.

In a similar vein I just signed up for the company holiday insurance package this morning, based purely on the fact it covers ash clouds and a raft of other stuff but the ash bit swung the deal for me, with the disruptions of late.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote: In a similar vein I just signed up for the company holiday insurance package this morning, based purely on the fact it covers ash clouds and a raft of other stuff but the ash bit swung the deal for me, with the disruptions of late.
Yep, you're gonna need it at Butlins in Skegness. :D

Sorry, back to a serious note, volcanic mountains are only doing what volcanic mountains do. The poor in those regions cannot afford to move.

Also, I was watching a documentary last night that was discussing the San Andreas Fault, and much of America's riches stem from that - their oil, gold, etc. That Fault has pushed up within their reach all manner of valuable resources which led to the development of cities in those areas. But this is often the story worldwide.

There are three things that govern the way a person lives, their Government, Economy, and their Religious Concept. Because of a global and growing malcontent, and incompetence, with all three of these we are in for a ride that is going to cause a greater disturbance than any ash cloud or natural disaster.

But, with GSV's forums safely locked down and Eagle as doorman, GSV will do okay. :gsv:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...