Man Bags

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Any suggestions for a manly bag type thing to carry manly type stuff around with me? I'm thinking about manly stuff like headphones for my mobile, PDA, a book, and other bits and pieces... just as long as it's manly of course. ( <_< )

Do you guys carry 'stuff' around with you in anything? Those 'Bum Bags' that certain people wear, don't really appeal. (Sorry Thane) Just something that you throw over a manly shoulder in a manly way... if you catch my drift? :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Claw wrote: Any suggestions for a manly bag type thing to carry manly type stuff around with me? I'm thinking about manly stuff like headphones for my mobile, PDA, a book, and other bits and pieces... just as long as it's manly of course. ( <_< )

Do you guys carry 'stuff' around with you in anything? Those 'Bum Bags' that certain people wear, don't really appeal. (Sorry Thane) Just something that you throw over a manly shoulder in a manly way... if you catch my drift? :unsure:

Hmmm, starting to believe the sex change rumours now, needs a new hand bag. :lol: :lol:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

:o

What is it with you lot, I'm beginning to think this is more wishful thinking on your part... :P
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
M60 Ho
Advanced Member

Post by M60 Ho »

Claw wrote: Any suggestions for a manly bag type thing to carry manly type stuff around with me? I'm thinking about manly stuff like headphones for my mobile, PDA, a book, and other bits and pieces... just as long as it's manly of course. ( <_< )

claw as one man to an...well to you anyway...you cannot throw a handbag over your shoulder in a manly way...in a womanly way... YES.
Are you sure they didn't give you a dose of HRT while you were under.your acting very strange.in my day we used to call Man Bags..TITS..my how times have changed eh. :)

gus :)
and remember claw
YOU ARE THE...ERR HMMM

AKA i'll Smash Ur Head In U M60 HO
AKA ThreadKiller
AKA bb gus cya gus nn gus kissmearse gus upurs gus
AKA Numpty
AKA HOHO
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

For uni and for work I use a normal laptop bag, Carries my books and that for uni then Flask and stuff for work. No-one ever questions as it is just a laptop bag.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Its called a carrier bag Claw, you get em free at tesco bud.

Me, I wear a bumbag every day of my life virtually.
Last edited by Nellyboy on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

laptop backpack, everything else squeezed in around it., or karabinered on..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Nellyboy wrote: Me, I wear a bumbag every day of my life virtually.
Yeah, but you're about 9'11" tall... who's going to give you an odd look for wearing one? :blink:

At the mo my right hand is restricted in movement and carrying because my wound extends from near the middle of my back to under my right arm, and using it is painful.

So, I'm after something I can sling right over my head and shoulder, (see, not like a handbag :P ) but is also relatively casual.

I haven't needed one yet as I am still housebound, but I am planning some of my first journeys. :)
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

I keep my craptop in a Crumpler Boomer - the medium sized one is quite good if you've only got a netbook or similar as it's got a lot of space in it.

<a href="http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=crum ... CDYQrQQwAA" target="_blank">http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=crum ... QrQQwAA</a>
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Sorry if this is not in keeping with the tone of teh thread, but here comes a sensible reply ;)

I have had a manbag now for a couple of years. I just hate things in my pockets (not much room ;)). I carry two wallets, a phone, sun glasses, two pairs of reading glasses, loads of keys, and a manicure set....honestly this is just for my "Guitar nails".

Of course I get loads of abuse from friends and colleagues, but luckily I am made of strong stuff ;). One even calls me Gay! Like it's an insult??? As I am straight, it's just amusing....if I was gay, it would be a strange comment...like saying to someone you are tall. Anyways, back on track....I couldn't be without it now and it amuses me that people use rucksacks for everyday use, just so they can say it's not a manbag....who are they trying to kid? I even know guys who use a laptop bag, but don't have a laptop :lol: . I guess I bend (excuse the pun) to some pressure by wearing the bad over my neck and shoulder, buy hey ho.

The strange thing is, if you go to a London everyone has them, but here in darkest rural Suffolk and, I dare say, up in t'northern towns, it isn't so common.

I have a Leather Visconti 30cm x 25cm x 5cm. Go for it Claw.
Last edited by Clingy on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Clingy wrote: I even know guys who use a laptop bag, but don't have a laptop
The last laptop backpack i got is great as there is pleanty of padding for when i'm carrying a couple of laptops plus all the other junk like chargers and pda's, plus a wide range of tools and test gear. It can get seriously heavy but once its got 2 straps on my shoulders i'm away, the first laptop backpack I got was great, lots of pockets, but crucially no padding and you ended up stopping blood supply it was that bad ! Hence why this new one is a million times better with padding.
Normal laptop bags are useless in my experience as you only ever get a couple of compartments and they're hard work when fully loaded.
Therefore I champion laptop backpacks, but only proper padded ones ;)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Saw a load in tkmaxx, some well cheap too. Like laptop bags with shoulder strap i mean not queerbags.
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Nellyboy wrote: Saw a load in tkmaxx, some well cheap too. Like laptop bags with shoulder strap i mean not queerbags.
:lol: you remind me of my father who things deodorant is a girl thing! "What's wrong with the smell of good honest sweat". Oh and my queerbag has a shoulder strap :)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Clingy wrote: :lol: you remind me of my father who things deodorant is a girl thing! "What's wrong with the smell of good honest sweat". Oh and my queerbag has a shoulder strap :)

Lol, when i hear younger people talking about gay men I say I am gay for effect or when a black joke is told I say "how dare you, my wife is black". I love putting people on the spot.