Making An Slr Camera Pfffffft

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Never mind making a camera , <a href="http://modelengineeringwebsite.com/Napier_Dagger2.html" target="_blank">This</a> is what you call complicated :blink:

Paul
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Screwy wrote: Never mind making a camera , <a href="http://modelengineeringwebsite.com/Napier_Dagger2.html" target="_blank">This</a> is what you call complicated :blink:
Paul
Is that link right? I'm being taken to an engine. :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Claw wrote: Is that link right? I'm being taken to an engine. :unsure:
It's a 1/3rd scale model of the Napier Dagger aero engine , And no CNC involved :o Though I do wonder if the original link is of the full size engine ? anyway I have attached a pic of what looks like the actual model .

[attachmentid=275]
Last edited by Screwy on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

That truly is a thing of beauty :)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I'm not an aircraft expert, so did some research. One thing that struck me was this design feature; "since the cylinders are opposed, the motion in one is balanced by the opposite motion in the one on the opposite side, leading to very smooth running."

To accomplish something like that is fascinating in something so intricate yet so prodigious. Although there were problems with its cooling, I wonder if this was more of a design issue (not flaw) around the aircraft engine housing itself.

There aren't many people like that around today... even when you open a Big Mac carton these days you have to do some reconstruction. Where's that eye for detail gone, eh?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...