I've Met Famous People...

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've met Clive Sinclair at the time he was selling Sinclair to Alan Sugar. They were both at the NEC Arena at a massive computer show there in the 80's.

I've also met Jeffrey Archer, he was out on a walk about with another MP, that was just a brief encounter as I didn't really have time for them.

Can't say I've met anyone more famous than them up to now... :unsure:

Anyone else met anyone famous? B)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

I'm in a few episodes of "A touch of Frost" with David Jason even managed to get a bollocking of him whilst sat in a rubber dingy in the middle of a canal basin in Leeds :D

Paul
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Said "Hi" to Bruce Forsyth at Wentworth Golf Club
M60 Ho
Advanced Member

Post by M60 Ho »

Eagle wrote: Said "Hi" to Bruce Forsyth at Wentworth Golf Club
said hello to lionel blair at the BBC once..all my mates fell on the floor and he got really annoyed..that made us laught even more..at the time lionel blairs were Flares,no idea why it was so funny.
called the boomtown Rats a load of C...s why....cos they were...happy days :)

gus

AKA i'll Smash Ur Head In U M60 HO
AKA ThreadKiller
AKA bb gus cya gus nn gus kissmearse gus upurs gus
AKA Numpty
AKA HOHO
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Met Bob Geldoff at the first showing off Loch ness the movie. Played a game of rubgy with Greggor Townend. Also met Jarred Christmas after his show. Sold Terry Nutkins his christmas shopping years ago.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Went to the first showing of Star Wars at Leicester square in London. Came out and went in the forbidden planet bookshop and who walks in, Mark Hammill yes luke skywalker himself. He is even smaller than Screwy :lol:

Not really met him but said Hi.
M60 Ho
Advanced Member

Post by M60 Ho »

Rasputin wrote: Met Bob Geldoff at the first showing off Loch ness the movie. Played a game of rubgy with Greggor Townend. Also met Jarred Christmas after his show. Sold Terry Nutkins his christmas shopping years ago.
did two tours of britain just after live aid with the boomtown rats.they were the most nasty bunch of twats ever.geldolf was a complete c..t as for the one in the pyjamas,(johnny fingers)i had to be held down from him.he would have had to change his name to Johnny Stumps.also another wierd character i bumped into(literally did in a dark beer tent) was joey ramone.face like a smacked arse(been in a bad fire)think back i met loads of arseholes..nothings changed much :D

gus
aka threadkiller
aka namedropper

AKA ThreadKiller
AKA Numpty
AKA HOHO
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Erm, I've met a few, not actual important famous people but ones further down the alphabet when it comes to lists.

Calum Best, was at Emily's birthday as she knows him from the London "scene", he's actually an alright bloke and not at all what I was expecting, me being me my first words to him were something along the lines of where the feck are you from then cos your accents well weird :lol: he sucks at pool tho..

Ashley Walters was another one, again thru Emily, seemed a bit quiet tbh and not the sort you'd expect knowing he was in So Solid Crew lol..
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Lots of footballers... Godfather used to have a travel agency in London and looked after a lot of the top clubs.. pride of a place is a photo of Sir Matt Busby, my godfather and self.. which he kindly signed.. legend !
M60 Ho
Advanced Member

Post by M60 Ho »

Turts wrote: Lots of footballers... Godfather used to have a travel agency in London and looked after a lot of the top clubs.. pride of a place is a photo of Sir Matt Busby, my godfather and self.. which he kindly signed.. legend !
wow turts now were talking,that is cool.
gus :)

AKA ThreadKiller
AKA Numpty
AKA HOHO
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

Hi all

Over my years of going to gigs ive met various band members the best was meeting the bloodhound gang and also meeting andrew wk

My mums cousin is married to elkie brooks(one for the old school there methinks)
Also i have a knack of spotting famous people before anyone else spots them ive spotted a few peeps waiting for airplanes ect

as for having lived in manchester spotted lots of coronation street actors ect

:gsv: oldie :2t:

ps was the pay good touring with that "gimmie all yer f***ing money" boomtown rat
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

MEET IN PERSON

London MCM EXPO 24-25 oCT 2009
Terry Farrell
Nicole DeBoer
Ronny Cox
Eddie McClintock
Joanne Kelly
Allison Scagliotti

Collectomania London 28-29 November 2009
Chase Matterson
George Takei
John Rhys Davis
Lisa Wilcox
Rene Auberjonois

Collectomania MK 28-31 May 2010
Patrick Stewart
Michelle Forbes
Kate Mulgrew
Tim Russ
Robert Duncan McNeil
Jeffery Combs
Robert O;Reilly
JG Hertzler
Lance LeGault

London Film & Comic Con 17-18 July 2010
Bill Shatner
Andrew Robinson
David Nykl
Virginia Hey
Ben Browder
Katee Sackhoff

At work
Debra Stephenson
Sean Gilder
Huw Higginson

:2t:
Last edited by Mega on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M60 Ho
Advanced Member

Post by M60 Ho »

Olderama wrote: Hi all

Over my years of going to gigs ive met various band members the best was meeting the bloodhound gang and also meeting andrew wk

My mums cousin is married to elkie brooks(one for the old school there methinks)
Also i have a knack of spotting famous people before anyone else spots them ive spotted a few peeps waiting for airplanes ect

as for having lived in manchester spotted lots of coronation street actors ect
:gsv: oldie :2t:

ps was the pay good touring with that "gimmie all yer f***ing money" boomtown rat
pay..what pay.we paid to tour with them..bunch o...anyway.no money is crap in music except for top 1 per cent.

right john top this
U2,nice guys,bono said he loved our band,especially the songs with just the singer on his own.
Billy bragg.. miserable git hated us
REM.... really nice guys,except the singer who we never spoke to us at all.
Brian connolly from sweet,took 15 minutes to walk to stage to sing one song with us,then went AAAAAAARRRGH all the way through it.
Elton john told security i was eating his sandwiches,i didn't know i was in private bit of a party,ejected!!
Rod stewart,went to his party at stringfellows and got so drunk i fell on Elaine page and was asked to leave.
Kirk brandon(spear of destiny) told me i was an animal and leave him alone.(he tried to chat me up in a toilet)
Julian cope hated us
The Alarm welsh fairies hated us
theres an ongoing theme here....
oh nearly forgot paula yates and jules holland hated us

gus :(

AKA ThreadKiller
AKA Numpty
AKA HOHO
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've seen famous people as well..

Willie Thorne, stood behind him in the cinema queue.
Saw Neil Pearson in London, I pointed him out to the people I was with and said oh look theres, erm, erm, erm, that guy from Drop the Dead Donkey, nobody knew what the feck I was talking about, and he looked at me like someone looks out of their front window while your pissing in their garden...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dunno if this counts... I was the lighting guy for my brother's band... at some point after our slot my brother was was talking to a tall guy whose band was after ours, Paul Young he said his name was. He went on to say that he was in the process of signing a deal with CBS... my brother and I looked at each other, rolled our eyes and said, "Really?" :rolleyes:

You know how it is, these musicians can be real story tellers... as if someone gigging in a NE club was actually <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YiEPGUx ... re=related" target="_blank">gonna be famou</a>s, eh? :mellow: :blush:
Last edited by Claw on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...