So..

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Will we ever know why the towers were collapsed?

<a href="http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 5910247150" target="_blank">http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 0247150</a>
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Yes it's all very suss, but is anyone else bored of these conspiracy stories?

If there is anything to them, we're never going to find out anyway.
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

bah, blocked by company internet :(
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

No truck with these conspiracy theorists tbh. They go about "proving" something by coming up with "facts" to support their case, but totally ignoring the huge amout of contrary evidence. It's strange to me how these weirdos get centre stage in the media, but when someone proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the most notable conspiracy theory of all time was wrong, it hardly gets a mention (Kennedy assaisination).

Had similar discussions over at the Marlins about people rewriting history to be controversial. They come up with some wacko theory and get huge amounts of press coverage, and others passing the theories off as fact.

But then I am

anti-anti-establishment
Dakaras
GSV Regular

Post by Dakaras »

I watched about 2 mins, started to insult my intelligence after that..
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Clingy wrote: when someone proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the most notable conspiracy theory of all time was wrong, it hardly gets a mention (Kennedy assaisination).
Since when did the kennedy assasination hardly get a mention? it was over 40 years ago and i doubt there's anyone over the age of 5 that doesn't know about the grassy knoll.

In my opinion, there's more facts that prove it was a terrorist attack than there are that prove it was a conspiracy by the us govornment.

Americans p*ss me off, they should be concentrating on making sure this sort of thing cant happen again, not trying to prove something they're never going to be able to do.
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Dak & Clingy get my vote on this one.. All a load of b@lls ! Did anyone else notice that a huge great whacking plane hit the building ?

And Hipps.. agree bud with what you're infering with the Yanks... but there are some good uns too bud... Much the same as there are a few good jocks... and Welshies ;) ... :P
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Bigger planes have hit buildings before and those buildings burnt for longer but still didnt collapse..
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

controlled explosions ? No and I,m even willing to bet al queda where suprised when both buildings collapsed.
But I certainly wouldnt put it past the CIA or the Goverment to have allowed the attacks to happen
. Obviously they did'nt expect such a devestating attack but you can get some pretty draconian laws past on the back of these events ,note gauntamo bay and the new laws Bush is trying to get passed allowing prosecution of terrorist suspects with out them even seeing the evidence against them or the fact that there are children as young as 12 interned as suspect terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq .

Goverments will do some highly dubious things to get there own way , Not in the same league but the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis" target="_blank">Suez crisis</a> of the fifty,s springs to mind involving England,France and Isreal and there illegal invasion of Egypt with suprise suprise American backing :rolleyes:
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

I believe a qualified structural engineer with the buildings designs clearly explained how high temperatures burnt through the main supports of the towers causing it to collapse. The Towers collapsed at the point of burning and fell on itself, don't see demolition people going up into burning parts of the building to plant bombs there.
Last edited by Thane on Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Good job Iraq was taken down before they could take out the world with their WMD's giving us only 45min notice too... :whis:

They're all as bad as each other... mafia tactics on a different scale...
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Zetra

Post by Zetra »

Im sorta with trig on this one.
The "a plane hit the tower and there was a fire and stuff" thing is true and all, but you'd just imagine a building to put up more of a fight than it did. It DOES look like the entire bloody thing just crumbles down on itself, but anyone can clip toghether a film to make things look the way they want (michael moore being a prime example of a skilled manipulator)

But whatever happened its still f***** horrible that ANYONE would do this. And thats my 2p
Last edited by Zetra on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's me! =)
Dakaras
GSV Regular

Post by Dakaras »

Chuff me folks it was hit by a ****ing plane.a big plane ...and last time i look gravity makes things go downwards, its only going 1 way not sideways or up but straight down

Big building, lots of unstable weight above it domino effect, goverments doe ***itty things but not that, cant see it
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Although having not researched into the other buildings collapse, i would hazard a guess that the other buildings were constructed with a concrete frame or steel encased in concrete and therefor the temperature would have to be a lot higher for it to collapse.
The WTC buildings had a steel frame, and given that kerosene burns at a very high temperature, i dont think it would be a problem for a burning plane in the middle to cause the collapse.

If you imagine what happens to steel when you heat it, all it would need to do is start to bend a small amount before the weight of the rest of the building collapsed on top of it
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Hippy wrote: Since when did the kennedy assasination hardly get a mention? it was over 40 years ago and i doubt there's anyone over the age of 5 that doesn't know about the grassy knoll.
You have missed my point m8 and totally proved what I was trying to say. The greatest conspiracy theory of all time was the Kennedy assisination. Recently they conducted a length and detailed investigation to prove once and for all what happened. They concluded beyond even the smallest doubt that LHO killed JFK.....yet reports of these findings hardly made the press. Now if the findings had turned up even the smallest doubt, it would have been front page.